Saturday 10 September 2016

Project 10 Pan - Second Update

I haven't done an update in about two months, but have had some significant progress since my last update on my Project 10 Pan. Click here to see my introduction post, and here for my first update.

First, onto the products I have finished up!


I have finished the Lady Gaga EDP, L'Oreal Nude Magique Foundation, the NYX HD Concealer and the bronzer/contour shade from the Sleek Face Form Palette. I'm quite happy with my progress so far, 3 full products used up, and 1/3 of a palette used up completely! I still have a smaller bottle of the Lady Gaga EDP, and I most likely will repurchase this perfume when that one is used up as I quite enjoy the scent. I don't think L'Oreal sell the Nude Magique foundation anymore, but I could be wrong (a quick google and search on the L'Oreal website shows they don't sell this foundation, but have other variations of products in the Nude Magique line). Once I had purchased products to mix with this foundation (I loved mixing it with the Body Shop Lightening Shade Adjusting Drops), I found I went through this foundation quite quickly as I was able to create a shade that matched me a lot better (this foundation was a little dark as in Australia we are just getting out of winter and I am at my lightest in skin tone). I would consider repurchasing the NYX HD Concealer, as I found it was a great brightening concealer for under the eyes. 

In regards to the highlight and blush shade in the Face Form Palette, I just want to hit pan. This Project would go on forever if I attempted to use up both products.


For the ELF Cream Eyeliner, I have made a significant dent in the middle, but I'm not too sure if I've hit the bottom as yet. I have used this as a base, to tighline and waterline, under the lash line as a base for shadow. A small amount of this product goes a long way. 


The pan has increased in the ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Glow. I use this as a base whenever I wear eyeshadow. I have technically completed the "hitting pan" part of the project with this product, but I would like to use it up. 

I will continue using the Maybelline Brow Drama until this project is done, and then chuck it in the bin. As the packaging is not clear, I can't mark any progress for this product, but I have been using it consistently. However, it has been in my collection for a while and getting a bit old, so I think it's almost time to get rid of it. 


I have made okay progress on the Rimmel Eye Pencil, and the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. The bareMinerals Make Your Move Lipstick is a little hard for me to use, but I am trying. The colour of the lipstick is nice, but the formula and finish are not my favourite, so I have been trying to work out different ways to wear it. I do need to make a more conscious effort to use this lipstick (I have worn it a few times since the last update), but there's just other lipsticks I prefer much more. 

I am happy that I have been able to clear out three products from my collection by using them up. Overall, I don't think I'm going to make much more progress on the ELF Cream Eyeliner, as it is quite hard to see the progress I have made, but there is a nice dip in the middle of the product, and I will continue to incorporate this product into my eye looks. I would love to use up the Rimmel Eye Liner and the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil. And of course, I want to hit pan on the highlight and blush shade in the Sleek Face Form Palette. 

Overall, I have used up 3 out of 10 products, and hit pan on 1 out of the remaining 7 (hopefully by the next update I would have hit noticeable pan on the ELF Eyeliner, and at least one more shade in the Sleek Face Form, be it the blush or highlight shade). I am quite proud of the effort I have made in this project so far.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment