Saturday 6 August 2016

Kylie Cosmetics King K Metal Lipstick - review and swatches

A lovely friend of mine gifted me the Kylie Cosmetics King K liquid lipstick about a month ago. When the metallic lips were first released, I was quite interested as I do not own anything like them in my collection. King K is described on the Kylie Cosmetics website as a "soft metallic gold". This product retails for $18.00USD and can be purchased on the Kylie Cosmetics website.






The liquid lipstick has a doe foot applicator, like most liquid lipsticks I have tried, and has a moussey texture. I find that this liquid lipstick does take a bit longer to dry down, and it is mostly transfer proof - there is a bit of transfer when it has dried down on the lips, but it is not a significant amount. 


(King K swatch photographed in natural lighting)


(King K swatch photographed in direct sunlight) 

This shade is definitely unique in my collection - I do now own one of the ColourPop metallic liquid lipsticks, but this is a one of a kind shade, and was the first metallic liquid lipstick I had tried. This does dry to a matte finish, but looks very metallic on the lips. I do find, most likely because of the different formulation (metallic verse completely matte) that this lip product is not nearly as drying as some of the other liquid lipsticks I have tried - but like I mentioned earlier in the post, this product is not completely transfer proof. This shade is also a great highlighting tool for the lips - it is great applied in the centre to highlight, especially if you're not brave enough to rock this colour on it's own.

I am interested in also picking up Heir, which is the rose gold shade, but I think I will give Reign a miss. This shade is beautiful, but it isn't something I would wear on an every day basis.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment