Saturday 9 May 2015

OCC Manhunter Lip Tar - review and swatches

A few years ago, I bought the OCC Lip Tar in Hoochie, and it was the first time I had tried a purple lip colour. Unfortunately, I only ever wore this twice because I wasn't a fan of the formula. A colleague from work picked up the Manhunter lip tar and it looked absolutely gorgeous on her. I decided to place an order on Lipstick Republic because there was something mesmerising about the shade. It is a metallic finish, and an absolutely gorgeous red lip.


(each Lip Tar also comes with a mini lip brush - super handy!)


OCC describes this colour as a "red orange with gold shimmer". You can see even in the tube, the beautiful red with gold/orange specks. And you only need the smallest amount to cover your whole lips (refer to the swatches below)



Once applied, the Lip Tar dries a bit (does not go matte) and generally lasts between 2-3 hours without touching up. The only issue I find with this Lip Tar is one the colour fades, the gold glitter remains on your lips.

Overall, this Lip Tar has changed my thought on Lip Tars, and since, I have purchased Technopagan - which I am super excited to try out! Manhunter is such a unique red, and I love the way it complements my skin. Definitely recommend checking out the Lip Tar Metallic range.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment