Saturday 30 August 2014

MAC Face and Body Foundation - review and swatches

I have, rather quickly, fallen in love with this foundation. I purchased it a few months ago, and have reached for it quite a lot. This is my review of the MAC Face and Body Foundation, and I am using the shade C2. This foundation costs $60 for a massive 120 mL bottle - or $49 for the 50 mL bottle. I believe the 120 mL is only available at Pro stores, or online from maccosmetics.com.au


MAC describes this foundation as a 'water-based, water-resistant foundation that provided long-lasting, natural coverage for face and/or body. Ideal for all skin types. Face and Body Foundation provides sheer, natural looking coverage in an easy to blend, water-resistant formula. The long-lasting formula is available in a wide range of colours and contains several emollients to help moisturise and condition the skin. It delivers professional looking results that meet the exacting standards of beauty photography and is ideal for perfecting the face and body'. This foundation is super liquidy, and super light. 

For the purpose of this review, I am going to do a before (no makeup), middle (just the foundation), and after (everything else done). 

This is my bare skin: 



I'm quite pale - I have quite a few freckles, some pimples, but my main concern is redness and the fact that my face is pink while the rest of my body leans yellow. I'm not too fond of heavy coverage foundations anymore - anything I really need to cover I can use concealer, and with dry skin, I find less is really more. I mainly use foundation to correct the colour of my face and to even things out in terms of redness. Working a 9-5 job, longevity is also really important. 


As you can hopefully see, the foundation is quite liquidy, and quite yellow-toned - which I love! 


Here I am with just the foundation on. It hasn't covered my freckles, but it has evened out my skin tone and there is no redness. Light coverage, and it looks dewy. 


Now I have added under eye concealer, eye makeup, concealer for any blemishes, a bit of bronzer and a bit of powder to lightly set the foundation (and of course - brows!) 


Conclusion
This foundation is light coverage. It is great at evening out my skin tone, and is water resistant which will make it a good foundation for summer. It does what I would want an everyday foundation to do, and if I need anything more, that is where concealer comes in. The price is relatively good too, when you think about how much you pay and how much you get. A standard foundation is 30mL, where although this foundation costs $60, it comes with 120mL - four times that of a standard foundation.

And here is a photo with the flash - I think this foundation photographs beautifully! 


I haven't tried this foundation on my body - because the thought of foundation on my body scares me! But I understand the concept, and if I needed to cover anything on my body, I would try this. 

And that is my review of the MAC Face and Body Foundation. It took a while, but I am so glad I got around to trying out this foundation because I absolutely adore it! If anyone is interested in picking up this foundation, I would say bite the bullet and do it! I don't think you will regret it at all! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment