Monday 17 March 2014

OPI Matte Top Coat - quick review and swatches

I love OPI, the majority of my nail polish collection is OPI. I picked this up a few months ago, and thought I'd do a quick review on it, mainly focused on swatches for those who are interested.



What I did for these swatches is select three types of polish - cream, shimmer and glitter, and painted two nails the same. I then added the matte top coat on the right hand nail.



I particularly like the look of the matte top coat on top of glitter, especially on the black base 

With the cream polish, it made it appear slightly lighter in colour. With the shimmer, it appears almost completely matte but upon closer inspection you can see the mattified shimmer particles - it looks quite interesting in person, actually! And my personal favourite - matte top coat on glitter. It looks super interesting and unique. 

If you are a lover of nail polish, I'd say give this a go. It's always fun to jazz up a mani and this does it in a simple step! I might try using the matte top coat on top of shatter next time and see how that turns out! And that is my quick review, guys! What are your thoughts on matte top coats and polishes? I like it, but nothing really beats a glossy manicure.

Until next time, 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment