Thursday 24 March 2016

Lime Crime Velvetine Trio - Buffy, Beet it and Peacock - review and swatches

I purchased this trio from Lipstick Republic a couple of months ago. The trio retailed for $66 AUD. The set isn't available anymore, but you can still purchase two of the shades - Buffy and Beet It - on the Lime Crime website, so I thought this post would still be worthwhile. 





There has been a lot of controversy with Lime Crime in the past, but the Velvetines were the first liquid matte lipsticks I tried, and I do love the formula. 


The set comes with three shades - Buffy, Beet It and Peacock

Buffy is described as a buff nude, and I think it is a lovely every day, work appropriate shade. Beet It is a deep berry pink. Peacock is a teal blue, and quite a unique colour in my collection.


(L to R: Buffy, Beet It, Peacock)

The product goes on liquid, and dries matte. The product can last for ages, and if you need to reapply, I find it doesn't clump up - like the ColourPop ones can. 

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment