Monday 15 June 2015

Shaaanxo x ColourPop - review and swatches

About a month or so a go, I placed an order with ColourPop. I was extremely interested in trying out their eyeshadows, but now I want to place an order to try out their blushes and highlighters (I've been on a real highlight kick lately). I ordered two quads - the Shaaanxo and Kathleenlights quad. Each quad was $20US, and shipping was $18.91US - with the exchange rate, the two quads plus shipping cost $78.13AUD. Shipping took about a week and half to get to me, which is pretty average for shipping from America to Australia. 


The quad comes with four cream eyeshadows - XO, Selfie, Rebel and Deluxe. Each shadow contains 2.1 grams.


(L to R: XO, Selfie, Deluxe, Rebel)

XO is described at a light champagne with a pearlised finish. Selfie is a mid-tone peach brown with a matte finish. Deluxe is a warm red bronze with a pearled finish, and Rebel is mid-tone khaki green with a matte finish.

The pearlised eyeshadows are absolutely gorgeous. XO is a gorgeous all over lid colour for everyday, and I find these shadows last a good 6-8 hours with minimal fading. The only issue I have with these shadows is because they are best applied with fingers, it can be hard to apply these shadows (especially Selfie) as crease colours. I like applying a crease with powder eyeshadow before applying these shadows to the lid. The inclusion of Rebel, a khaki green, really breaks up this quad and makes it quite unique, and is a good shade for the winter months, whereas I find Selfie are great shadows for the spring and summer months.

The texture of these shadows is not quite like a conventional cream shadow, but more of a mouse texture. You can use these shadows alone or as a base. I don't find I need to apply a base (eyeshadow primer or Paint Pot), and these last great on the lid. Deluxe is a great base, much like the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze.

I would suggest anyone who is an eyeshadow fan to check these out. Normal single shadows retail for $5US, so they are a bargain. The only problem at the moment is the current exchange rate, but I do see myself purchasing more of these shadows.

Thanks for reading,
X

No comments:

Post a Comment