Saturday 20 September 2014

Clarins Eye Quartet Mineral Palette in 09 Odyssey - review and swatches

My beautiful best friend gifted this to me for my birthday back in July. I have had time to play with it since then, and am ready to write a review! So, get ready blog readers - this may be the prettiest palette I own!




I absolutely adore the packaging of this palette. All the Clarins products I do own have super adorable packaging, and in my opinion are the best brand to splurge on!




The palette consists of four shadows and two smaller brushes. The shadows are mineral based and can be used wet or dry. There is a medium brown with shimmer, a darker brown with shimmer, and a beige-gold with shimmer. But the star of this palette is the indescribable gold shadow.  It looks like it is loose leaf gold, very strange consistency - but surprisingly enough has minimal fall out. 


Because all shadows are shimmery, this palette is not ideal in creating a look by itself. But paired with something like the Urban Decay Naked Basics, you could create many looks! The pigmentation of these shadows is amazing (especially the gold!) and the shadows are super smooth. With a primer, these shadows last incredibly. Once summer hits, I can imagine myself getting a lot of use out of these shadows. The lighter brown and the beige are great shadows for work, as well! The palette also consists of a mirror, which makes it great for travel and is always an added bonus!

These Clarins eyeshadow palettes never disappoint. Hope you guys enjoyed this review, and look out for many more - I'm trying my hardest to bring more posts to you guys!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment