Monday 25 March 2013

Purple look (eyes and lips) - a tutorial


Last week I was experimenting with white liner with eyeshadow on top, and I came up with this look


I only really did the eyeliner, and then I thought to try out my Lime Crime Airborne Unicorn lipstick, and I loved the two together! To the tutorial :)

Step 1: Foundation. I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 and a loose translucent setting powder by Face of Australia to set it.
Step 2: Apply an eyeshadow primer. My favourite is the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. This may not be a step you need to do with this look, as next will be eyeliner to which we apply the eyeshadow on top. However, I always use an eyeshadow primer and recommend it.
Step 3: Line your top and lower lash line with white eyeliner. The white will really pick up the colour of the eyeshadow and give it something to stick to. I used the Rimmel Khol Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in 07 Pure White.
Step 4: Now to the fun part! Using Urban Decay's Omen (which was in the Fifteenth Anniversary Palette and they've now released as a single eyeshadow) on a slanted eyeliner brush, apply on top of the white liner on the top and lower lashline.
Step 5: For the inner corner, I applied Mary Lou-Manizer.
Step 6: Apply black eye liner to the tightline, and a nude eye liner to the water line. For black, I used Rimmel Khol Kajal Eyeliner Pencil in Black (not too sure of the number), and for the nude Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Khol Kajal in 005 Nude.
Step 7: Curl eyelashes and apply mascara! For this I used Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara
Step 8: Contour your face (if you want). I used the contour shade in my Sleek Face Form Palette in Fair.
Step 9: Apply blush! I'm currently testing out the NARS Exhibit A blush, and I used it for this look!
Step 10: For a more adventurous purple wearing, apply Lime Crime lipstick in Airborne Unicorn.
Step 11: Finishing mist. I used MAC Fix Plus.


And there you have it! A relatively quick look that adds some nice colour, with or without the lipstick. What's your favourite way to wear purple? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment